Retired Lieutenant General Vince Stewart, USMC is a Non-Executive Board Member for Ankura, based in Washington, DC. Vince is a focused and results-oriented leader with more than 30 years’ experience in all aspects of cyberspace operations, intelligence, and counterintelligence. His expertise is in developing high performance teams and implementing innovative strategies, plans, and initiatives while driving process improvements to attain objectives and goals.
Vince’s professional experience includes:
- Founder and CEO of Stewart Global Solutions: Vince led an international consulting company, focused on issues pertaining to cybersecurity, geopolitical intelligence, strategic planning and crisis management.
- Deputy Commander, United States Cyber Command: Vince provided strategic leadership to more than 10,000 personnel executing full spectrum cyberspace operations, including securing the Department of Defense’s Information Network (three million users, 140 countries, 15 thousand networks, six thousand locations). He planned and organized the Department of Defense’s efforts to secure the nation’s critical infrastructure and key resources against malicious cyber threats. He also established policies and obtained authority for conducting cyberspace operations.
- Director, Defense Intelligence Agency: Vince effectively managed a global organization of over 16,000 personnel operating in more than 100 countries, delivering intelligence on the military capabilities of potential adversaries. He provided intelligence briefings to the President of the United States and National Security staff regarding global emerging threats and opportunities, as well as regular global threat briefings to congress to inform policies and budget decisions impacting the Department of Defense. In this role, Vince also served as the principal advisor to the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on military intelligence-related matters.
- Commanding General, Marine Forces Cyberspace Command: Vince served as the principal cyber advisor to the Commandant of the Marine Corps. He was responsible for the sustained operation and maintenance of the Marine Corps’ global information enterprise networks.
- Director of Intelligence, United States Marine Corps: Vince succeeded in initiating the Marine Corps Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Enterprise (MCISR-E) connecting over 10,000 intelligence professionals, providing real-time intelligence support to deployed operational commanders in utilizing all intelligence assets and keeping continuity on targets of interest and high level of expertise. Additionally, he defined and coordinated intelligence sharing activities with foreign partners.
Speech Topic & Synopses
The current cybersecurity landscape dictates that organizations adopt cyber resiliency strategies. 50% of organizations have experienced a cyber incident that significantly affected information technology and business operations. An effective cyber resiliency strategy will ensure business operations continuity and protect organizational reputation. Cyber resiliency provides an organization the agility to anticipate, withstand, recover, and adapt to a cyber incident. The concept helps organizations to prepare, prevent, respond, and successfully recover to a secure state delivering business outcomes. An effective cyber resiliency strategy will ensure business outcomes in the face of adverse conditions whether cyber-attack or another disastrous event.
Ankura Consulting Group, LLC is an independent global expert services and advisory firm that delivers services and end-to-end solutions to help clients protect, create and recover value at critical inflection points related to change, risk, disputes, finance, performance, distress, and transformation.